Texas Counties Deliver – learn how county government serves you
Patrol Division

Lt. Jacob Smith

2801 Stuart Street
Greenville, TX 75401

Ph: (903) 453-6967
Fx: (903) 461-7793

 Deputy Tahoe New.jpg

The Patrol Division is responsible for responding to calls for service throughout the county. On an assigned shift, patrol deputies perform various tasks related to crime prevention and law enforcement throughout Hunt County and perform related work as required.  This includes taking offense reports, crime scene photography, fingerprinting, collecting affidavits, enforcing traffic laws, serving outstanding warrants and making arrests where applicable.

  • The patrol districts are divided into four areas within the county. There are usually various deputies assigned to each district with a Patrol Sergeant assigned to supervise each shift.

    District One includes the areas of Merit, Celeste, Wolfe Cit, Commerce and Campbell.

    District Two includes the areas of Caddo Mills, Royse City, Union Valley, Poetry and Quinlan.

    District Three includes the areas of Cash, Boles, Quinlan, West Tawakoni and Wills Point.

    District Four includes the areas of South East Greenville, Campbell and Lone Oak.

Press the enter key or spacebar to expand or collapse the accordion

  • Going on vacation? 

    The Silent Sentinel program is designed to let the Hunt County Sheriff's Office be aware  that your residence will be vacant. Below is a form to download, complete and return to  the Sheriff's Office.

    By completing the form and signing you are inviting a Deputy to enter the property and  fully check the area for anything out of place or suspicion. This is not a guarantee that  the property you have described will not fall victim to a crime, but will assure you that an  increased patrol in your neighborhood while you are away will be done. Please mail or  return this form to the Sheriff’s Office during normal business hours. You may also give  this form to any Deputy.

    Silent Sentinel Request Form

Press the enter key or spacebar to expand or collapse the accordion

  • You may have been directed to our website to obtain a blank document to further an investigation. Below are documents commonly needed by Deputies and Investigators for the cases. 

    Affidavit of Fact:                                                                 Download       

    This document is to be printed out and hand written by either the victim or a witness to  criminal act. Please print the document.  Start by filling out the top blanks with your  name, date of birth, your drivers license information, phone number and address.  

    Next, start by writing in narrative form what the information you are aware of pertaining  to the case. Please be as detailed as possible and write neatly.  This document is very  important.  Please keep in mind that many people, including law enforcement, prosecutors,  defense attorneys, Judges and juries will be reading this document.  What you know about  this case is very important.

    When you are finished, please wait to sign the document in front of a deputy.  This may be done by calling the dispatch center at (903) 453-6838 and requesting a deputy to pick the affidavit up or by coming to the Sheriff's Office at 2801 Stuart Street in Greenville, TX 75401.

    Stolen Property List:                                                          

    This document is to be printed out and hand written.  This document is used to help our Records Department to properly enter stolen or damaged property onto our computer system.  

    This document is simply an itemized list of property either stolen or damaged.  Please  include a description of the property, a model number if known, a serial number if known and the value of the property.  Please note, when determining the value of the property please use the current fair market value of the property.  

    Criminal Trespass:                                                            Download

    This document is to be printed out and hand written.  This document is to be used to formally notify a single person that they are no longer allowed on your property.  Please write neatly and include the date, the persons name and address and then the address to the property they are no longer allowed at.

    By completing and returning this form, formal criminal charges can be filed against this person if they return to your property.

    Upon completing the form, please mail the form to the person being notified by mail with  a return receipt requested from the postal service of your choosing.  When the card is  returned to you, this is the proof of service necessary for the courts to prove the person was notified.

    Also, mail a copy of the form to the Sheriff's Office.  

    If you are unavailable to mail this form, you may contact our Dispatch Center at  (903) 453-6838 and request a deputy to attempt to contact the person if they live in Hunt County.

Press the enter key or spacebar to expand or collapse the accordion