|Commissioner Tod McMahan
The Texas Constitution specifies that the Commissioner's Court is the governing body of the County and is to carry out the administrative and judicial responsibilities for the state.
The main functions performed by the County Commissioner's Court are:
- Sets the yearly property tax rate.
- Adopts a county budget and approves the budget.
- Sets employment and benefit policy.
- Sets commissioners and justice of the peace precinct boundaries.
- Calls, conducts and certifies elections, including bond elections.
- Reviews and approves subdivision platting for rural areas.
- Subsidizes rural fire protection.
- Oversees the construction and maintenance of county roads and bridges.
- Appoints non-elected department heads and standing committees.
- Supervises and controls the county courthouse, county buildings and facilities.
- Provide for veterans assistance.
- Fills vacancies in elective and appointive positions.
- Has exclusive authority to authorize contracts in the name of the county.
Hunt County Commissioner
2507 Lee St.,Room 107
Greenville, TX 75401
Ph: (903) 408-4195
Caddo Mills Office
27 Gilmore St.
Caddo Mills, TX 75135
Forman: Greg McDonald
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm