The County Auditor has general oversight of the books and records and is charged with strictly enforcing laws governing county finances. The County Auditor, by law, has continuous access to all books and financial records and conducts detailed reviews of all County financial operations.
Functions in the Auditor's office are segmented in the following general functional areas:
The County Auditor is an appointed official and serves a two-year term.
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Budget Preparation Assistance and Budget Monitoring
- Processing of Accounts Payable
- Claims Auditing
- Grant Management
- Reporting and Auditing
- Continuous Audit Function including Cash Receipts
- General Ledger Transactions Auditing
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
North Central Texas Council of Governments
Texas Secretary of State
What you wish your constituents Knew (Article)
Jimmy P. Hamilton, Auditor
2507 Lee St.
1st Floor - RM 102
Greenville, TX 75401
Ph: (903) 408-4120
Fx: (903) 408-4280
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm